Enriched soil for shrimp
- prevents shrimp eggs from being trapped in the substrate
- high temp. treatment - removes parasites
- its porosity allows nitrifying bacteria to colonize the substrate
- Item number:120782
including 19% VAT ,
Recommended retail price: 21,90 €
The Prodibio AquaShrimp Powder substrate contains numerous mineral components. Its balanced composition ensures healthy plant growth and strong root development.
AquaShrimp Powder is ideal for shrimps and young shrimps. It is a ready-to-use product and does not need to be rinsed.
During treatment at high temperatures (about 1200°C) AquaShrimp Powder releases its physical properties and removes parasites that may infect the aquarium.
The fine grained structure of AquaShrimp Powder prevents shrimp eggs from being trapped in the substrate and supports suitable root growth of the plants. The product has sufficient permeability to allow nitrifying bacteria to settle correctly in the substrate and improve the water Quality.
Includes BacterKit Soil which combines 2 different products to acitvate your aquarium:
- Bacter Soil: strains of live bacteria specifically aimed at colonizing a freshwater aquarium soil.
- Soil nutrients: Nutrients necessary for the proper development of bacteria in the soil
Natural and living bacteria of BacterKit Soil will help to install an optimal biological filtration in the soil. It can be combined with Start Up which will install the biological filtration in the aquarium water.
It is recommended to use BacterKit Soil with AquaGrowth Soil and/or AquaShrimp Powder to start the biological filtration in the soil. BacterKit Soil is also suited for any other soil.
How to use AquaShrimp Powder?
AquaShrimp Powder is ready to use. It is not necessary to rinse it. A 3 liter/3 Kg (0.75 GAL/105.82 oz) bag is suitable for a 20 liter (5 Gal) aquarium. This will allow a soil thickness of around 5 cm (2 inches). Using 150 g (5.29 oz) of soil per liter (0.25 Gal) will grant the aquarium the best soil quantity needed. The powder texture of AquaShrimp Powder will allow shrimpsto lay their eggs and keep them at the surface of the substrate, preventing the trapping of the eggs by the soil.
1. a). Pour a height of approximately 1 cm (0.4 inch) of dechlorinated water in the aquarium. b). Optional: if the substrate additive BacterKit Soil from Prodibio is used, mix it in the water. 1 Box of BacterKit Soil for a bag of AquaGrowth Soil or AquaShrimp Powder. All the box has to be used to treat an Aquarium from 0 to 60 Liters (15 gal).
2. a). If the aquarium is not going to be planted, or lightly planted, directly add the quantity of AquaShrimp Powder needed. At this stage, AquaShrimp Powder will absorb all the water. b). Optional: If the aquarium is going to host a lot of plants, first add a layer of AquaGrowth Soil as per instructions. AquaGrowth Soil has a granule size better suited for fixation and development of plant roots. On top of the AquaGrowth Soil, add around 2 to 3 cm (0.8 to 1.1 inches) of AquaShrimp Powder in order to cover AquaGrowth Soil layer. This will avoid having shrimp eggs and young shrimps to be trapped in the soil, and will help them to stay at the surface of the AquaShrimp Powder. At this stage, the soils will absorb all the water.
3. Add the main decoration elements (stones, aquatic woods, etc…) and install the aquatic layout as desired.
4. a). Add more water gently to avoid creating holes in the substrate and breaking the aquarium design until the soil surface has been covered in water. b). Optional: in case of a planted aquarium, add plants and continue to set up the aquarium decoration until everything looks as desired.
5. Gently fill up the aquarium with more dechlorinated water. Floating of soil fragments may occur, remove them this happens. Water may become cloudy once the aquarium has been fully filled. Cloudiness will naturally disappear after a few hours or especially when the filtration system has been running. If cloudiness remains, drain part of the water and refill the aquarium with clean dechlorinated water.Après le remplissage complet de l’aquarium, l’eau peut se troubler pendant quelques heures. Si l’opacité persiste, vidanger une partie de l’eau de l’aquarium et le remplir de nouveau avec de l’eau déchlorée.
6. Start up the aquarium and safely introduce your fish and shrimps after using Prodibio’s water treatment range for fresh water aquariums. Chloral Reset will remove chlorine and chloramine from water, Start Up will kick start the nitrogen cycle before introducing fish and shrimps, regular addition of BioClean Fresh will maintain the water quality, BioVert will fertilize plants (shrimp safe) and Biokit Fresh combines BioClean Fresh and BioVert in one box.
3 L ≈ 3 kg
|Grain Size:||0,6 - 1,2 mm|