An all in one solution to start a fresh water aquarium
- simple, unique & efficient
- for aquariums with a capacity of 60 liters
- Item number:120785
- Included:Chloral Reset Nano 4 vials, AquaGrowth Soil, BacterKit Soil, Start Up Nano 2 vials, BioClean Fresh Nano 4 vials
including 19% VAT ,
Recommended retail price: 49,00 €
The Starter Box bucket is an all in one solution to start and maintain for 1 month a fresh water aquarium up to 60 liters.
There are five products included in the box and they are to be used in this order:
1. Chloral Reset Nano serves as a conditioner for tap water
2. BacterKit Soil contains bacteria, which are used to seed the substrate
3. AquaGrowth Soil is natural soil that has been preconditioned and is ready to use
4. Starter Up Nano is a starter kit that will initiate the biological filtration in your aquarium
5. As rounding off, the BioClean Fresh Nano, a bacteria based solution for the maintenance of your aquarium, provides crystal clear water
AquaGrowth Soil has been selected by Prodibio among numerous mineral compositions. Its balanced formula will allow healthy plant growth and strong root development.
AquaGrowth Soil is ready to use and does not need to be rinsed.
A high temperature treatment (around 1200°C; 2192°F) gives AquaGrowth Soil its physical properties and allows it to be free of parasitic species which could contaminate the aquarium.
Each granule of AquaGrowth Soil, with a size of 1 to 3 mm, is compact enough not to turn into powder, while allowing plants to grow their roots properly.
Moreover, AquaGrowth Soil is porous enough to allow nitrifying bacteria to properly colonize the substrate and improve water quality.
Includes BacterKit Soil which combines 2 different products to acitvate your aquarium:
- Bacter Soil: strains of live bacteria specifically aimed at colonizing a freshwater aquarium soil.
- Soil nutrients: Nutrients necessary for the proper development of bacteria in the soil.
Natural and living bacteria of BacterKit Soil will help to install an optimal biological filtration in the soil. It can be combined with Start Up which will install the biological filtration in the aquarium water.
It is recommended to use BacterKit Soil with AquaGrowth Soil and/or AquaShrimp Powder to start the biological filtration in the soil. BacterKit Soil is also suited for any other soil.
1. Chloral Reset Nano: 1 vial for 30 l (7.5 US gal) / 15 days
2. BacterKit Soil: Pour up to 1 cm of water in the tank, add BacterKit Soil and mix it. Add the soil, the plants and the rest of the decor, then more water.
3. How to use AquaGrowth Soil?
AquaGrowth Soil is ready to use. It is not necessary to rinse it. A 9 liter/Kg (2.25 Gal/317.46 Oz.) bag is suitable for a 60 liter (15 Gal) aquarium. This will allow plants to grow their roots in a soil thickness of 5 to 6 cm (2 to 2.4 inches). Using 150g (5.29 Oz.) of soil per liter (0.25 Gal) will grant the aquarium the best soil quantity needed..
- a). Pour a height of approximately 1 cm (0.4 inch) high of dechlorinated water in the aquarium.. b). Optional: if the substrate additive BacterKit Soil from Prodibio is used, mix in the water. 1 Box of BacterKit Soil for a bag of AquaGrowth Soil or AquaShrimp Powder. All the box has to be used to treat an Aquarium from 0 to 60 Liters (15 gal).
- a). Add the quantity of AquaGrowth Soil needed directly in 1 cm (0.4 inch) of water. Due to its porosity, AquaGrowth Soil will entirely absorb this quantity of water. Install the aquatic layout as wished. It is advised to create elevation from the back to the front of the aquarium. b). Optional: If the aquarium is going to host shrimps, lay the AquaShrimp Powder on top of the AquaGrowth Soil. The powder texture of AquaShrimp Powder will allow shrimps to lay their eggs and to keep them at the surface of the substrat. Otherwise they may fall in between granules of AquaGrowth Soil and young shrimps will encounter difficulties to climb and reach the substrate surface.
- Add the main decoration elements (stones, aquatic wood, etc…) and install the aquatic layout as desired.
- Add more water gently to avoid creating holes in the substrate, and breaking the aquarium design until the soil surface has been covered in water.
- Add plants and continue to set up the aquarium decoration until everything looks as desired.
- Gently fill up the aquarium with more dechlorinated water. Floating of soil fragments may occur, remove them if this happens. Water may become cloudy once the aquarium has been fully filled. Cloudiness will naturally disappear after a few hours or especially when the filtration system has been running. If cloudiness remains, drain part of the water and refill the aquarium with clean dechlorinated water.
- Start up the aquarium and safely introduce fish and shrimps after using Prodibio’s water treatment range for fresh water aquariums. Chloral Reset will remove chlorine and chloramine from tap water, Start Up will kick start the nitrogen cycle before introducing fish or shrimps, regular addition of BioClean Fresh will maintain the water quality, Biovert will fertilize plants (shrimp safe) and Biokit Fresh combines BioClean Fresh and Biovert in one box.
4. Start Up Nano: Apply 2 vials to 60 l (15 US gal) capacity, before introducing fish or shrimps into your aquarium. The start up time for fresh water tanks takes approx. 4 hours when using Start Up by Prodibio.
5. BioClean Fresh Nano: 1 vial for 60 l (15 US gal) / 15 days