High precision seawater nitrate test kit
- highly sensitive reagents
- professionally calibrated color chart, differentiated color gradation
- precise sliding comperator
- test tubes made of glass
10 ml Reagent NO3-1, 2 g Reagent NO3-2, 2 Measuring jars with lids, 1 Measuring spoon, 1 Comparator, 1 Plastic syringe 5 ml, 1 Color card, 1 Instruction for use
- Shelf life expiration date:31.01.2027
incl. 19% VAT , plus shipping costs
Manufacturers recommended retail price: 21,90 €
Water properties as close to nature are the key for every aquarium's success. However, monitoring relevant parameters in seawater is difficult due to numerous interfering ions. Therefore, test kits considering the specific characteristics of seawater are needed to analyse the water precisely.NYOS® REEFER TEST KITS OFFER THE CUSTOMER TWO SIGNIFICANT BENEFITS:
Highly precise analyses for seawater conditions. Furthermore, they offer a highly attractive price-performance ration and make test kits in laboratory quality affordable for the standard hobby user.Additional characteristics of our REEFER test kits:
- calibrated dropper made by a German manufacturer ensures uniform drops during all repeat tests
- reagents are made in Germany in accordance with EN ISO 9001
- reagents are analysed according to AAS and NIST standards
- strict batch and quality control
- easy to use with intuitive pictogram instructions
- Made in Germany
NYOS® REEFER test kits allows you to achieve precise and most importantly reproducible (i.e. in repeat measurements identical) measuring results.
1. Rinse out both measuring jars several times with aquarium water. Then, using the syringe, add 5 ml aquarium water to each jar.
2. Add 5 drops NO3-1 to one of the jars. Close the jar and shake.
3. Add 1 measuring spoon NO3-2 to this jar. Close the jar and immediately shake vigorously for 1 min.
4. Remove the lid after 5 min. Place both measuring jars in the comparator. To read off the nitrate value, position the comparator in such a way that the colours of both jars are the same when viewed from above. Read off the corresponding nitrate value in mg/l from the colour card. In between values can be approximated.
In a saltwater aquarium, we recommend ensuring a nitrate content of less than 20 ppm.
May cause an allergic skin reaction. Avoid breathing dust. Contaminated work clothing should not be allowed out of the workplace. Wear protective gloves/eye protection. IF ON SKIN: Wash with soap and water. If skin irritation or a rash occurs: Get medical advice/attention. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. For further information ask for a safety data sheet.
The used analysis specimens can be flushed down the drain with tap water and channelled off to the local sewage treatment works.
Store the test kit under cool (<25°C/77°F), dry conditions.