High precision seawater calcium test kit
- simple conversion factor
- accurate to 5 mg/l
- precise dosing tip
- separate indicator & titration solution
- Item number:156151
25 ml Reagent CA-1, 5 g Reagent CA-2, 50 ml Reagent CA-3, 1 Test container, 1 Green syringe 1 ml, 1 Black syringe 1 ml, 1 Dropper tip, 1 Measuring spoon
- Best before date:31.03.2025
including 19% VAT ,
Recommended retail price: 17,90 €
Water properties as close to nature are the key for every aquarium's success. However, monitoring relevant parameters in seawater is difficult due to numerous interfering ions. Therefore, test kits considering the specific characteristics of seawater are needed to analyse the water precisely.NYOS® REEFER TEST KITS OFFER THE CUSTOMER TWO SIGNIFICANT BENEFITS:
Highly precise analyses for seawater conditions. Furthermore, they offer a highly attractive price-performance ration and make test kits in laboratory quality affordable for the standard hobby user.Additional characteristics of our reefer test kits:
- calibrated dropper made by a German manufacturer ensures uniform drops during all repeat tests
- reagents are made in Germany in accordance with EN ISO 9001
- reagents are analysed according to AAS and NIST standards
- strict batch and quality control
- easy to use with intuitive pictogram instructions
- Made in Germany
NYOS® REEFER test kits allows you to achieve precise and most importantly reproducible (i.e. in repeat measurements identical) measuring results.
1. Rinse out the test container several times with aquarium water. Then, add 1 ml aquarium water using the green syringe.
2. Add 10 drops CA-1 and swirl for 5 seconds. The water sample may become cloudy.
3. Add 1 measuring spoon CA-2 and swirl to mix. The water sample turns red.
4. Place the dropper tip onto the black 1 ml syringe. Draw up 1 ml reagent CA-3 using the syringe. To do this, the lower edge of the black plunger ring must sit exactly on the 1 ml mark (see diagram). A small air bubble under the plunger will not interfere with the test.
5. Slowly, drop-by-drop, add reagent CA-3 while swirling (important!). Continue adding reagent CA-3 drop-wise until the solution turns blue. The blue colour must still be present after 30 seconds, if not continue adding CA-3 until the water finally turns blue.
6. To determine the calcium value in ppm, calculate how much of the syringe content was used. 1 used mark (=0.01 ml) equals 5 ppm calcium. For this, please also see the calculation table on page 2 in the PDF file (Download).
Example: If the amount used in the syringe is 0.8 ml (i.e. 0.2 ml liquid remains in the syringe), the calcium value is 400 ppm.
We recommend adjusting the calcium content to 400 - 420 ppm in a reef tank.
Store the test kit under cool (<25°C/77°F), dry conditions. Close the dropper bottle immediately after use and do not touch the dropper.