High precision seawater alkalinity test kit
- easy to use drip test
- stable titration reagent
- precise color change
- seperate indicator & titration solution
- Item number:156152
5 ml Reagent CH-1, 25 ml Reagent CH-2, 1 Sample container, 1 Plastic syringe 5 ml, 1 Instructions for use
- Best before date:30.04.2024
including 19% VAT. ,
Recommended retail price: 11,90 €
Water properties as close to nature are the key for every aquarium's success. However, monitoring relevant parameters in seawater is difficult due to numerous interfering ions. Therefore, test kits considering the specific characteristics of seawater are needed to analyse the water precisely.NYOS® REEFER TEST KITS OFFER THE CUSTOMER TWO SIGNIFICANT BENEFITS:
Highly precise analyses for seawater conditions. Furthermore, they offer a highly attractive price-performance ration and make test kits in laboratory quality affordable for the standard hobby user.Additional characteristics of our reefer test kits:
- calibrated dropper made by a German manufacturer ensures uniform drops during all repeat tests
- reagents are made in Germany in accordance with EN ISO 9001
- reagents are analysed according to AAS and NIST standards
- strict batch and quality control
- easy to use with intuitive pictogram instructions
- Made in Germany
NYOS® REEFER test kits allows you to achieve precise and most importantly reproducible (i.e. in repeat measurements identical) measuring results.
1. Rinse out the sample container several times with aquarium water. Then, using the plastic syringe, add 5 ml aquarium water to the sample container.
2. Add 2 drops reagent CH-1 and swirl gently. The water sample turns blue.
3. Hold the dropper bottle CH-2 vertically and add the reagent drop-wise. Mix the sample while doing this by swirling until it becomes red-orange. Count the drops. One drop is equivalent to one degree of carbonate hardness (=°dKH) or 0.35 meq/l.
In a saltwater aquarium, we recommend attaining a alkalinity of 6.5 - 8 °dKH (=2.3 - 2.9 meq/l).
Store the test kit under cool (<25°C/77°F), dry conditions. Close the dropper botlles immediately after use and do not touch the droppers.