High precision seawater phosphate test kit
- highly sensitive reagents
- professionally calibrated color chart
- differentiated color gradations
- precise sliding comparator
- Item number:156153
25 ml Reagent PO4-1, 5 g Reagent PO4-2, 2 Measuring jars, 1 Measuring jar lid, 1 Measuring spoon, 1 Comparator, 1 Color card, 1 Plastic syringe 20 ml, 1 Instructions for use
- Best before date:30.04.2026
including 19% VAT ,
Recommended retail price: 21,90 €
Water properties as close to nature are the key for every aquarium's success. However, monitoring relevant parameters in seawater is difficult due to numerous interfering ions. Therefore, test kits considering the specific characteristics of seawater are needed to analyse the water precisely.NYOS® REEFER TEST KITS OFFER THE CUSTOMER TWO SIGNIFICANT BENEFITS:
Highly precise analyses for seawater conditions. Furthermore, they offer a highly attractive price-performance ration and make test kits in laboratory quality affordable for the standard hobby user.Additional characteristics of our REEFER test kits:
- calibrated dropper made by a German manufacturer ensures uniform drops during all repeat tests
- reagents are made in Germany in accordance with EN ISO 9001
- reagents are analysed according to AAS and NIST standards
- strict batch and quality control
- easy to use with intuitive pictogram instructions
- Made in Germany
NYOS® REEFER test kits allows you to achieve precise and most importantly reproducible (i.e. in repeat measurements identical) measuring results.
1. Rinse out both measuring jars several times with aquarium water. Then, using the syringe, add 20 ml aquarium water to each jar.
2. Add 10 drops reagent PO4-1 at second intervals to one of the measuring jars. Hold the bottle exactly vertically while doing this. Then, close this measuring jar with the screw cap and lightly swirl the contents.
3. Afterwards, open the measuring jar again and add 1 measuring spoon PO4-2. Close the jar again and shake for about 15 seconds.
4. Remove the lid after 10 minutes. Place both measuring jars in the comparator. To read off the phosphate value, position the comparator in such a way that the colours of both jars are the same when viewed from above. Read off the corresponding phosphate value in mg/l from the colour card. In between values can be approximated.
In a saltwater aquarium, we recommend ensuring a phosphate content of less than 0.1 ppm.
PO4-1 contains sulfuric acid 35%. Causes severe skin burns and eye damage. Do not breathe vapours. Wear protective gloves/eye protection. IF SWALLOWED: Rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting. IF ON SKIN (or hair): Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower. IF INHALED: Remove victim to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. For further information ask for a safety data sheet.
Store the test kit under cool (<25°C/77°F), dry conditions. Close the dropper bottle immediately after use and do not touch the dropper.