Marine Calcium handheld Colorimeter
- range 200 - 600 mg/L
- Compact, Portable Design
- One-Button Operation
- Manufacturer:Hanna Instruments
- Included:Instrument incl. 2 measuring cells with lids, reagents for 25 tests, 100 µL pipette, syringe with tip, plastic pipette, battery and operating instructions.
- Shelf life expiration date:31.03.2026
incl. 19% VAT , plus shipping costs
Manufacturers recommended retail price: 79,70 €
The Hanna Marine Calcium Checker® bridges the gap between simple chemical test kits and professional instrumentation. Chemical test kits have limited accuracy and resolution since they rely upon the human eye to discern differences in color. Professional instrumentation incorporates a light source such as an LED or tungsten lamp with a filter and a light sensing detector to precisely determine absorbance and ion concentration. Professional instrumentation offers greater resolution and accuracy but can cost hundreds of dollars. The Hanna Marine Calcium Checker® uses a fixed wavelength LED and silicon photo detector to provide the accuracy of professional instrumentation at the affordable price of a chemical test kit.
The HI758 Checker® HC (Handheld Colorimeter) provides a simple, accurate and cost-effective way to measure calcium. Required for the development of calcium carbonate skeletons of coral reefs, calcium is a crucial component of marine waters. Designed as a more accurate alternative to chemical test kits, the HI758 provides quick, accurate results.
- The handheld colorimeter is portable and fits right in your pocket
- Get your alkalinity results easily with simple one-button Operation
- Don’t worry about matching the right color, our colorimeter does it for you
The HI758U Marine Calcium Checker HC® uses a 100 to 1 dilution for analysis and thus requires deionized or distilled water absent of calcium to function correctly. Calcium can be found in many freshwater sources and this any amount present in the water used at the C1 phase can cause false high readings. In addition, many hobby grade reverse osmosis deionized water systems may not adequately remove calcium. This can vary based on the types of filters used, their effectiveness and frequency of replacement. We recommend using deionized water with low conductivity or pure vapor distilled water commonly found in most pharmacies.
Never use tap water to clean your cuvettes. This is especially important for the HI758U Marine Calcium Checker as calcium is commonly present in tap water and residual amounts present in the cuvette will elevate results produced by the Checker. Our HI98703-50 Cuvette Cleaning Solution ensures the glass cuvette used for colorimetric measurements remains clean and free from imperfections.Calcium Checker Troubleshooting Tips:
- Never rinse your cuvettes with tap water or saltwater
- Use pure vapor distilled water from your local pharmacy at C1 phase. RODI water from home filtration units may not be suitable for this test as calcium can easily permeate through your filter membranes
- Clean your cuvettes with distilled or deionized water absent of Calcium that is going to be used for C1 phase dilution
- Measure out 9 ml of distilled or deionized water for C1 phase
- Make sure no excess aquarium sample saltwater is on the tip of the pipette. Only administer the saltwater that is sucked into the pipette tip
|86 x 61 x 37,5 mm
|Instrument incl. 2 measuring cells with lids, reagents for 25 tests, 100 µL pipette, syringe with tip, plastic pipette, battery and operating instructions.
|200 bis 600 mg/L (ppm)
|Hanna recommends using up the liquid reagent of the HI758-26 kit within 3 months when opened.