Universal Light Mount
- Item number:150886
including 19% VAT ,
Recommended retail price: 69,50 €
The unprecedented solution for your ultimate aquarium experience. The Universal Light Support (ULS for short) is exactly what you need to suspend your aquarium lighting, without ruining the aesthetics of your rimless tank. Scroll down for more information on the ULS, and be amazed.Aesthetics Matter
Just as much as the function of a product. Bananaquarium combined both aspects in the Universal Light Support: The aesthetics are admirable, and the function is unprecedented to this day. Styleful and yet practical. You can now suspend all types of aquarium lighting without having a second thought about the best suspension available.One of a kind
There is no doubt that the ULS is unique. There is no similar product available in the market today. The Light Support is a universal one, with the capability of suspending most of the aquarium lighting systems available today. The ULS makes clever use of the ceiling suspension option that comes with most systems.
The ULS can be used with a wide variety of lighting brands and types. If you can suspend your light to the ceiling, then the ULS is suitable for your lighting system!Product Design
Bananaquarium designed the product with a focus on compatibility. They are the first to have developed a light suspension system that does not discriminate based on your lights' brand. The goal is to serve all reefkeepers with their product; the ULS has that unique capacity.
The Universal Light Support brings a whole new dimension to fishkeeping: You can now choose your lighting brand, without the need to think about the suspension system that comes with it. The design does not show any bending when mounting a heavier light to it: The design looks perfectly straight when under stress!Ease of use
The Bananaquarium ULS is very user-friendly. It embodies the potential for your light to be suspended to the ceiling, yet it is more convenient to use the ULS than it is to use your ceiling. In just a few minutes you can enjoy your aquarium, lit by the lights suspended with the Universal Light Support. Take a look at the users manual, and be amazed about its ease of use.Why
"Why did we create the Universal Light Support? The answer to this question is obvious for us: To serve our customers by making it easier to mount any aquarium led light. At Bananaquarium we have always felt something could be massively improved in the way we suspend our lighting systems. We found it to be necessary to change this to a somewhat more friendly approach: Stunning design to help anyone suspend their lighting systems, whatever the brand or type."
Universal Light Support Specs
The product is universal: It fits all aquarium sizes available in the market with glass thickness up to 25 mm.
- Aquarium requirements to fit the Universal Light Support:
- Glass thickness (or a combination) of: 0 - 20 mm
- Aquarium depth (front to back): 400 - 650 mm
- Suitable for type of aquarium:
- Fresh water
- Salt water
- Brackish water
- Can mount any lighting system which is suitable to be suspended from the ceiling.
- Max light weight (recommended)
- <10mm glass thickness: 3.0 kg
- 10mm and up: 4.5 kg (heavier is possible, but on your own risk and depending on glass thickness)
- Tip: When your light is to heavy for your aquarium, use a wooden or polycarbonate plate of +- 3mm thick between the clamping screws and the aquarium glass. This will distribute the weight more evenly, and reduce the risk of overloading the glass.
- Support weight: +- 550 grams
- Requires no maintenance after installation
- Best price to quality ratio
- Clean look, straightforward design
- Great solution for aquarium cable management!
- What's in the box:
- suspension system for AI hydra (Yes it is included with this support)
- 2x 30cm cable to combine with your ceiling suspension kit
- Bananaquarium Universal Light Support with all means to assemble and use the product
- User manual
- Pictured Light support with the ASAqua MAX 30, but please note that this is one of many lights that fit the ULS and that the ASAqua MAX 30 is NOT included with the product.
These lighting types and brands can be mounted to the ULS:
- AI Hydra (Suspension kit included with ULS)
- AI Hydra 26 (HD) (Suspension kit included with ULS)
- AI Hydra 52 (HD) (Suspension kit included with ULS)
- AI Prime HD (Requires "AI Prime Hanging Kit")
- ASAqua MAX 30 (Suspension kit included with light)
- ASAqua MAX 60 (Suspension kit included with light, we advice to use 2x ULS)
- ASAqua Max 90 (Suspension kit included with light, use 2x ULS to mount safely)
- ASAqua Aquanest (Suspension kit included with light)
- Giesemann Vervve (Requires Giesemann Suspension kit item no. "20.300.013-9")
- Giesemann VIVA (Requires Giesemann Suspension kit item no. "20.300.013-9"
- Use 2x ULS to suspend to aquarium safely!)
- Giesemann RAZOR (Requires Giesemann Suspension kit item no. "20.300.013-3"
- Use 1x or 2x ULS depending on length of RAZOR unit)
- Giesemann PULZAR (Requires Giesemann Suspension kit item no. "20.300.013-3 & 20.120.452 " Use 1x or 2x ULS depending on length of PULZAR unit)
- Giesemann Matrix 2 260mm (Requires Giesemann Suspension kit item no. "20.300.013-3 & 20.120.452 " Use 2x ULS to mount the Matrix 2 safely)
- Maxspect Razor R420R Nano, 120W, 160W (Requires "Maxspect Razor R420R Suspension Kit" Use 2x ULS with the 120W and 160W Razors)
For the not listed lights that can be mounted to the ceiling counts the following:
- Max light depth: 260mm @ 450mm tank depth (front to back)
- or: Max light depth: 380mm @ 650mm tank depth (front to back)
- Max weight: 3.5kg @ >10mm glass thickness (adviced)
- Max weight: 2.5kg @ <10mm glass thickness (advised)
- Use 2x ULS at light length of > 500mm, or more than 3.5 kg to be sure of avoiding overloading the glass.
|Glass Thickness:||0 - 25 mm|
|Aquarium depth:||400 mm - 650 mm front to back|
Disclaimer: Bananaquarium is not responsible for overloading the glass. They do not accept any claims for misuse of the Universal Light Support, overloading the Universal Light Support, or any other unintended uses of the product.